Senior Adviser to the Deputy National Security Adviser for Strategic Communications at The White House
Public Policy | Washington D.C. Metro Area, US
2013 - Present
Senior Adviser to the Deputy National Security Adviser for Strategic Communications / The White House
2011 - Present
Special Assistant / U.S. Department of State
2011 - Present
Policy Analysis Intern at the National Economic Council / The White House
• Evaluated international best practices in immigration and wrote policy recommendations for President Obama
• Provided analytical support and policy proposals to Deputy Director Jason Furman on issues including immigration, social enterprise, and clean technology.
• Authored strategy paper and policy approach for interagency process on impact investing.
• Prepared weekly analysis of macroeconomic indicators and economic commentary to share with Congress.
2010 - Present
Marketing Analyst / PepsiCo
• Working on the Long Term Beverage Innovation team to analyze the beverage market to identify opportunities for growth; working on a cross-functional team to develop new products to fill these gaps in the market and increase total sales by over $1 billion.
• Collaborated with Director of Outreach to develop Yale’s recruitment strategies, targeting thousands of high school students globally; hired and managed a team of over 30 student employees to implement recruitment plan.
• Led the planning and management of Bulldog Days, a three-day program for over 1000 admitted students.
2009 - Present
Marketing Intern / PepsiAmericas
• Presented research and implementation plan in foodservice innovation with the potential to boost profits by over $10 Million to Directors and VPs
• Collaborated with five interns to develop a long-term plan and set of short-term tactics to transform PepsiCo into a leader in innovation within two years. Presented the proposal to a half-dozen senior executives.
2008 - Present
Research and Development Analyst / Egypt's International Economic Forum
•Wrote policy briefs on key Egyptian economic challenges for and brainstormed implications with the Forum’s Director. Developed an implementation plan for a new think tank designed to tackle these issues.
2007 - Present
Sales and Marketing Analyst / Langham Hotels International
• Collaborated with Sales and Marketing directors to quantify impact and analyze return of investment on past marketing efforts; utilized findings to revamp marketing plan for the company’s newly-constructed hotel in Beijing.
Activities: The Yale Globalist, Undergraduate Admissions Office, Studies in Grand Strategy, Silliman College Freshman Counselor, The Roosevelt Institute Center for Security and Foreign Policy